1929: the Company “COMPAGNIE GÉNÉRALE BELGE DES ISOLANTS” (General Insulation Company of Belgium) was founded; the name was then shortened to COGEBI. As the name suggests, the main objective of the company was the manufacturing of components used in the insulation of electrical machines. Initially, this took the form of moldings created by compressing thermosetting plastics.
Ten years later, COGEBI was the first company in Belgium to perform injection molding of cellulose acetate, which was the only thermoplastic at the time.
Today, the ELINAR-COGEBI group is the world leader in the production of industrial mica-based products that are resistant to high voltage and to high temperatures. The ELINAR-COGEBI group has always guaranteed the quality and effectiveness of its unique products and services by a general policy of excellence.
- Ongoing commitment to innovation and creativity in order to design and develop new products and new proprietary production technologies
- Maintaining direct contact between the customers and the various ELINAR-COGEBI teams
- Manufacturing from the mica mineral to the finished product through vertical integration and control of the entire production chain
- Quality Assurance with monitoring of the various production stages and follow-up of product traceability
- Investments in order to ensure flexibility, capacity, quality and fast cycle time production and logistics
- Worldwide distribution and application support